Full time – On-site Accounting Assistant
Must be GERMAN speaking, residing in Athens/Greece with experience in the CONSTRUCTION/FACADE industry in Germany or Greece
This position requires a self-motivated, well-organized, energetic, detailed individual with excellent analytical, computer and people skills, who works effectively with others. Reporting to the CEO, the Accountant is responsible for cash management, forecast, annual budgeting, audit preparation, recordkeeping, reporting, and tax planning. The selected candidate must also ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and various taxing authorities nationally as well as internationally (Germany, Greece). Selected candidate should also carry out a few secretarial duties.
Further, the role requires logistics/international transport tasks. As a self starter, you will have to enter shipping documents, track orders, follow up on ship dates and communicate any delays to internal staff, engage in administrative tasks as assigned.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in financial statement preparation and reporting.
- Collaborate with the German & Greek Accountants
- Assist with billing reports, billing, scheduling and client setup.
- Monitor purchase order process. Confirms that proper back up documentation has been submitted and filed with vendor invoice.
- Document processes and look for process improvements.
- Obtain working knowledge of Advantage software.
- Full responsibility for customer billing, cash application, account reconciliations and financial statement preparation and analysis
- Be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close, reporting and business processes more efficient and accurate.
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are
- Identify variances and follow up with business owners outside of the accounting department.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Manage various aspects of internal and external audits, including preparation of audit schedules, third party confirmations, updating technical memos and the preparation of financial statements including notes.
- System enhancements and implementations to support the rapid business expansion.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Special projects as needed.
- Enter shipping documents and track transfer orders from receiving reports
- Follow up on vendor ship dates from factories and enther this information into the system
- Process original Bill of Lading’s within specified time frame
- File receiving reports and shipping documents
- Experience: Minimum of 2 years + in a similar position
- Language: German, English is a MUST, French (preferred but not necessary)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical ability
- Curiosity and enthusiasm
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage many projects at a time
- Be able to effectively communicate and demonstrate the value of Accountancy work to internal team and external clients
- Results oriented with exceptional work organization skills
- Ability to be highly proactive in overcoming obstacles to project success
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to manage and complete tasks according to assigned timeline
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Effective problem solving, methodical, detail-oriented, innovative, and highly analytical
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- A multi-tasker with the ability to accurately work in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment
- Able to prioritize workload, work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
GLASSCON GmbH is a German premium facade contractor with worldwide subsidiaries & local partners. GLASSCON offers worldwide from one hand "turnkey" building envelopes, facade systems, curtain walls & other related products & services like: Facade engineering, consulting & construction, architectural building envelopes, glazing systems, retractable pool enclosures, honeycomb panels, aluminum curtain walling, ballistic glass, unitized curtain walls, spider glass curtain walls, architectural sunshades & brise soleil, motorized blinds, airfoil louvers, skylights, cladding, architectural safety glass, installation services etc. With more than 250 realized projects worldwide & experience since 1999, GLASSCON guarantees success
Το apply, please forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org, including reference: ACCAS in the subject line.